- BrandDeep Lifecare
Perjeta Generic Name(s): Pertuzumab
Perjeta™ is the trade name for the generic drug Pertuzumab. In some cases, health care professionals may use the generic name Pertuzumab when referring to the trade drug name Perjeta™.
Perjeta™ is an anti-cancer ("antineoplastic" or "cytotoxic") chemotherapy drug. This medication is classified as an "antineoplastic agent and a monoclonal antibody". (For more detail, see “How Perjeta™ Works” below).
What Perjeta™ is Used For:
- Indicated in combination with trastuzumab and docetaxel for the treatment of patients with HER2-positive breast cancer. HER2 expression must be present for initiation of Perjeta™ using FDA-approved test.
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.
How Perjeta™ Is Given:
- As an infusion into a vein (intravenous, IV) over 60 minutes.
Perjeta™ Side effects:
Important things to remember about the side effects of Perjeta™:
- Most people will not experience all of the Perjeta™ side effects listed.
- Perjeta™ side effects are often predictable in terms of their onset, duration, and severity.
- Perjeta™ side effects will improve after therapy is complete.
- Perjeta™ side effects may be quite manageable. There are many options to minimize or prevent the side effects of Perjeta™.
The following side effects are common (occurring in greater than 30%) for patients taking Perjeta™. Reactions reported in combination therapy with trastuzumab and docetaxel:
- Hair loss
- Low white blood cell count
- Peripheral neuropathy (numbness & tingling in hands and feet)